+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VNC settings for default user account.

VNC settings for default user account.

Good morning, when I try to connect to the thin client running WES with VNC a window pops up on the User account asking to accept the connection, if I hit yes it it tries to connect for ten seconds or so then says authentication failed. Now if I log on the built in admin account I can vnc in fine, with no query, because I shut it off. But apparently this only affects the admin. I do not want a query window to pop up I just want it to connect and allow me remote control. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by CGPRSONS View Post
    Good morning, when I try to connect to the thin client running WES with VNC a window pops up on the User account asking to accept the connection, if I hit yes it it tries to connect for ten seconds or so then says authentication failed. Now if I log on the built in admin account I can vnc in fine, with no query, because I shut it off. But apparently this only affects the admin. I do not want a query window to pop up I just want it to connect and allow me remote control. Any suggestions?
    A little update, I found out why I was getting an authentication error, because it still needed the default password which is wyse. But I am stumped on how to change the VNC settings for the Default user "User". Any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by CGPRSONS View Post
    A little update, I found out why I was getting an authentication error, because it still needed the default password which is wyse. But I am stumped on how to change the VNC settings for the Default user "User". Any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
    I found a work around, that makes it better. I went into the registry and changed the query timer there to 0 seconds, it's still not ideal and I still have to use the Default password but it will do for now, I'm not expecting any answer really since I've seen this asked in more then one place by different people and no one has a solution.

+ Reply to Thread