+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Invalid Credentials Error When trying to Log onto Remote PC

Thumbs up Invalid Credentials Error When trying to Log onto Remote PC

Hi everyone,
    I tried requesting help by email but was redirected here for help on this issue below!

I've been really excited to use your PocketCloud app on my Asus Tf700 Android Tablet, but for some odd reason I cannot get past the login screen to connect to my remote Windows XP PC.
    I have Pocketcloud windows companion version 2.5.13 installed on that PC and I can see and discover my remote PC (listed as Lenovo-etc) (also shows VNC in the PC icon).
    But When it asks for my user and password info, I enter them exactly and it keeps giving me "INVALID CREDENTIALS" and I cannot connect!
    I have tried this away from home and also on the same router network at home.
    I have tried changing my password and user name, and also leaving it blank, but I am still stuck at this screen, and can't get past it!

Hopefully you have encountered this problem and know of a fix or can possibly help to find a solution?

1.Pocketcloud free Mobile android tablet Version 1.3.114
    2.Pocketcloud Windows companion version 2.5.13
    3.Windows XP
    4.Professional edition
    6.Asus TF700 Android 4.1 Tablet
    7a.-On my Tablet, I get INVALID CREDENTIALS after trying to sign in with my
    Windows XP User and password.
    (Have also tried No user and no password and Google account user and
    password but nothing works!)
    8b-discovered connection
    9b-VNC

Thanks in advance!

PocketCloud Team Member
    Did you have a VNC client installed on your computer prior to installing the companion software? You can check this by going to Add/Remove programs and looking for anything with VNC in the name (TightVNC, UltraVNC, etc.). It is possible that you need to enter your VNC password. Please let me know.

For more information on credentials, please review the following knowledge base article: http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...ud-credentials
    Last edited by RMontalvo; 12-21-2012 at 12:29 PM.
    Josh Maurer
    Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

I dont think I have any other VNC client installed (especially since I don't even know what a VNC client even is )
    But there is nothing VNC related listed in my add/remove programs list either ...

Could it be anything else at all that is giving me that error?
    Or is there anytthing else I can try to get this program finally working?

Thank you again for your reply and help!

PocketCloud Team Member
    Is it possible you are using the wrong username? You may need to enter the username: administrator or admin

And then use your password. Please let me know if that gets you logged in.
    Josh Maurer
    Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

+ Reply to Thread