+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Invalid credentials...?

Invalid credentials...?

Hello fellow pocketcloud'ers

I have just installed pocket cloud to my ipad and my windows 7 home premium, everything has installed correctly and the ipad shows my pc. Once I try to connect with my gmail account (same as initial registration) I get the floating box that tells me I have entered invalid credentials. I have checked, checked and checked again that I am entering the said details correctly and still the message comes.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks kindly

Ray

PocketCloud Team Member
    Please take a look at the following knowledge-base article that explains what credentials need to be used where within PocketCloud:
    http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...ud-credentials

Please let me know if this does not help you get going.
    Josh Maurer
    Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

Exclamation Invalid Credentials problems....

I have two Windows 8 machines that I am having problems connecting to from PocketCloud PRO for iOS. The machines are showing as available in the Auto Discovery, but when I initiate a connection I get the error message:

"Invalid Credentials"
    "Your login credentials are invalid. Please correct and try again."

Each machine is currently on a separate network, since one is a desktop and the other is a traveling laptop.

The traveling laptop is running Windows 8, PocketCloud Companion v2.5.13 and TightVNC v2.6.4

The desktop is running Windows 8 Pro Pack with Media Center, PocketCloud Companion v2.5.13 and TightVNC v2.6.4

In my testing to try to attempt at get this resolved I have attempted the following:
    • Poked holes in McAfee Firewall to allow traffic ports 58xx & 59xx (xx for privacy)
    • Turned off the McAfee Firewall (temporarily)
    • Enabled "Use 3rd Party VNC on Port" in PocketCloud Companion
    • Disabled "Require VNC Authentication" in TightVNC

At this point I am not sure what else to try. All I have been able to determine is, based on my experience thus far, that this is isolated to Windows 8. I have other machines I can connect to on older versions of Windows.

Please offer any advice or resolution.

please review the following knowledge base article for a solution to this issue: http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...ud-credentials
    Roger Montalvo
    Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
    Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums

I'm sorry, I don't see where this KB article offers a solution. It only describes each connection type.

On the iOS PocketCloud App, I have multiple Windows 8 machines that shows up on the Auto Discovery list as "connected" for a Remote Shadowing (VNC) connection. So the only credential will be the password, which I would've provided in the TightVNC configuration. When I try to connect to these machines, with the configured VNC password, I get an invalid credentials message.

Help please.

PocketCloud Team Member
    Please try using your Windows 8 login information. You may need to enter your Windows live email address and password.
    Josh Maurer

I would be more than happy to use my Windows 8 login information, but there is no where for me to put it.

Here are the three screens I have for one of the machines.

So as you can see, no where am I being asked for the Windows 8 login information. I do believe this to be the problem, but I can't seem to locate the cause to try to implement a fix. From what I understand on a PocketCloud connection to a Windows 8 PC, when the connection is started you should see a different screen that asked for "Username", "Password" and "Domain". I never see that on these two machines in question. They act like any of the previous versions of Windows connections.

(Note - This machine shown in the pictures above does also have a RDP connection available and I have been able to successfully get that connection established. But I still need VNC connections to work for troubleshooting user problems.)
    Last edited by RMontalvo; 02-01-2013 at 01:33 PM.

PocketCloud Team Member
    You might want to try is uninstalling and re-installing TightVNC, creating a new password, then entering that password into the password field within PocketCloud when prompted. It looks as though you should be using the TightVNC password that is set (from what I can see in the screen shots). Make sure you do not have any other VNC applications installed on that computer, that can also cause a problem.
    Josh Maurer

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You might want to try is uninstalling and re-installing TightVNC, creating a new password, then entering that password into the password field within PocketCloud when prompted. It looks as though you should be using the TightVNC password that is set (from what I can see in the screen shots). Make sure you do not have any other VNC applications installed on that computer, that can also cause a problem.
    This must be a flaw in PocketCloud working with Windows 8. I did as you suggested; uninstalled TightVNC, restarted PC and re-installed TightVNC. No luck.

PocketCloud Team Member
    Did you set a VNC password when you re-installed the application? Is the option to require a VNC password set within TightVNC?
    Josh Maurer

+ Reply to Thread